Sunday 12 June 2011

Yo-yo flower embelishment

Here is how to make a yo-yo flower and some ideas on how to use it.






This is how I start. You can use a template to draw a perfect circle. I just folded this piece like this:


Then I just rounded the ends of the triangle and my circle was good enough.


I didn't need the perfect shape and an exact size for this project, so I started with a piece that measured approximately 15x15 cm and the finished product measures around 7 cm. 

Once you cut your circle, just fold it like this:



and go through it with the straight stitch:


You can choose to do this part with more attention to detail and then iron the finished product - it all depends on what you want to achieve.

Now pull the tread and there you are:


So this is what we wanted for a start. I was to embellish a white little-girl crochet hat, so I added a crochet flower (just chain forming five petals).


Finally, I added one of my m&m's beads. Here is the result:


I could have added just a button to my yo-yo flower and it would still look great. 
If you want to make broach, you can cut a piece of felt and glue it to the back of your yo-yo flower. Then add a pin. 
You can also use yo-yo flowers to embellish hair accessories,cushions, curtains, hand-made cards... Possibilities are endless, really.
Let me know what you use your yo-yo flowers for.

Love,
DK 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely combination of the fuzzy white with the bright pink. The layered flower is pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments :) Thanks!