Wednesday 23 March 2011

My Knitting

Today I'd like to share some of my knitting.

I've been knitting since I was a very young girl. It was not even popular to know anything about knitting in my generation, at least not among people I used to hang out with. We were all too 'intellectual'.
However, both my mother and my grandmother loved knitting and were very creative with yarn.
I just could not ignore that they were making things I loved - I wanted to be able to create myself.

Our home was always full of magazines and (as I was never able to resist reading whatever gets in my way) I started learning.
I almost gave it up. It just seemed to be too hard to manipulate those needles. But after I made my first scarf, I made my first sweater and love was born. I kept coming back to knitting all these years.

Recently I got some yarn at a very good price and started making scarfs again.
Here are some pictures:





I'll show you more soon. Or go and check out my store at made.it:

http://www.madeit.com.au/storecatalog.asp?userid=37757

Have a great day!

Love,
DK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love your comments :) Thanks!